Job Description: MAMA.codes teaching assistant (freelance)
12 month contract
Who knew you could code a nursery rhyme?
MAMA.codes is a dynamic and fast-growing EdTech startup, offering creative coding resources and workshops for children aged 3-8.
With coding on the curriculum from age 5, we run popular local term-time code clubs for 3-5 year olds and 5-8 year olds, as well as workshops during school holidays.
We are expanding across London and then nationwide, and are seeking highly motivated and reliable individuals to train up as MAMA.codes teaching assistants in their local area. We are recruiting in London at present and will expand nationwide during 2018.
The role is part time, based in London, and you will be working as a self-employed contractor to MAMA.codes Ltd, working mutually agreed hours month to month to support class leaders.
We provide all necessary training and teaching materials, and you will be working with a class leader who will brief you on the teaching materials for each session and bring the required resources along.
MAMA.codes is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes flexible and remote working arrangements.
Essential to have:
– A great manner with children
– Excellent organisational skills and timekeeping
– You are a quick learner, unafraid to pick up new skills
– You are excited by technology and the opportunities it brings
– Fluent English
– Regular free hours each week or during school holidays
– Experience teaching, volunteering with or caring for children aged 3-8
– A teaching or tutoring background
– Significant childcare experience
– A computing or STEM background (though this is not essential, full training given)
– Getting booked by nearby MAMA.codes Reps to assist them at children’s and adults’ workshops in London during school terms and/or school holidays
– Reviewing the teaching materials circulated in advance by the class leader
– Reliably assisting to deliver high quality workshops with children and adults
– Assisting at promotional and training events with MAMA.codes
What we offer:
If you successfully join our teaching community, you will be provided full training in early years computing and supported to develop your teaching skills. You will then work entirely flexibly, choosing hours that suit your schedule, not the other way round!
You will work with young children in a rewarding and positive environment, while learning and passing on 21st century career skills. The initial hourly rate of pay is £9/h for teaching assistant roles, with higher rates of pay available as you gain experience. Significantly higher rates of pay available with further training to become a class leader or a local Rep.
We are particularly keen to hear from candidates who can work in the following areas of London (we go nationwide in 2018): Hackney, Chiswick, Battersea, Wandsworth, Balham, Clapham, Wimbledon, Richmond, Sheen, Barnes, Kingston, East Dulwich, Forest Hill, Crouch End, Islington & Shoreditch, Westminster, Hampshire.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role, please fill out this brief questionnaire to help us learn more about you, your availability and your motivation to train to teach MAMA.codes classes. Should you have any questions, feel free to email Reps@mama.codes and we will be happy to help.
An additional plus would be if you could supply a simple 30-second video introducing yourself and telling us why you’re interested in joining us. That way we can get to know you a little better! We’re interviewing constantly so the sooner you get your information to us the better.
MAMA.codes is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes flexible working arrangements.