Mama.Codes is Hiring – Become our next Operations Manager!
Who we are:
MAMA.codes is a dynamic, investor-backed and fast-growing EdTech scale-up, offering unique, creative coding resources and workshops for children aged 3-8 through popular local term-time and holiday workshops that are run by neighbourhood Franchisees. They are supported by a network of Tutors and teaching assistants (TAs).
We’ve grown rapidly over the last 18 months:
- Over 300 code clubs delivered
- Over 2000 children taught using our methodology
- 12 schools subscribed to our curriculum packs, with 200 in the pipeline
- Over 200 parents and 60 teachers trained in the process.
The Operations Manager position is a full-time position and will be a core component of our growing business. You will be the backbone of our business; responsible for ensuring our organisation runs as well as it possibly can, with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of our Franchisees, Tutors and TAs as well as the central Management team.
We are looking for a highly organised, motivated individual who can think and move quickly, while prioritising multiple tasks to ensure the company functions at an optimal level. You will be process-obsessed, with an analytical mindset – and will relish the opportunity to build out systems and manage multiple high-priority tasks that will drive the business forward. You will have an eye for quality, have an acute sense of accountability as well as being able to think clearly under pressure. Great organisational and communication skills, and a strong desire to demonstrate your potential as a leader will be at your core.
You will be looking for a home where you can make a real impact – using your problem-solving skills and desire for maximum productivity to help us become a global business with social impact at its heart. You will oversee a range of activities; from ensuring teaching resources and/or equipment get to the classes where they are needed, through to providing strategic input to Management on areas where efficiencies can be maximised. Previous experience as a Front office manager or Office administrator would be an advantage. Our successful Operations Manager should also have experience with a variety of office software (email tools, spreadsheets and plus digital tools such as Slack, Trello, Google Drive) and be able to accurately handle administrative duties.
You will have multiple responsibilities, which will include:
Recruitment and Training
- Managing applicants and interview setup
- Collecting relevant paperwork and keeping official documents updated
- Preparing and sending out contracts
- Setting up venues, dates and streamlining pre-training activities
- Setting up digital systems and tools for new applicants
- Coordinating rotas across the business
- Keeping the website updated with application, training and policy information
- Troubleshooting. With both online and offline queries, you will be the primary contact
- Responding to teacher queries across all platforms
- Supplies and equipment
- Errands (resources delivery)
- Scheduling meetings and appointments, office events
- Partnering with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary
- Organising office operations and procedures
- Coordinating regularly with IT partners
- Ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Managing contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Assisting in the onboarding process for new hires
- Addressing employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware and travel arrangements)
- Planning in-house or off-site activities like parties, celebrations and conferences
Experience : You will have at least 2 years experience in an Operations / Coordination role
Outlook : You will demonstrate absolute professionalism and high ethical standards. This is a long-term role, where there is scope for advancement that matches our rate of growth
Leadership : You will be great at multitasking, and taking the initiative where needed. We are looking for our future leaders, so you must always be in pursuit of excellence
Organisation : Time and resource management will be essential
Be open to new technologies : You will be comfortable using Word, Excel, and be familiar with social networks – while also using newer tools such as Trello, Slack and Doodle. The ability to learn quickly will be key.
Job Type: 40hrs/wk freelance
Finally, this is a commission-based role. We believe in sharing success with our team, and will be happy to discuss incentives when we meet!
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com detailing your motivations for applying to MamaCodes and your suitability for the role.